Friday, 27 September 2013

The Road to NWG awaits

Nearly there (In fact it's begun by now). NWG2013 begins tomorrow and I've just finished my preparation. I'll be entering the Warmachine/HORDES tournament tomorrow, and have "volunteered" to provide my services as a bye-buster in the Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 events on Sunday if I'm needed. If not, I'll have my Gators with me and hope to get in a few pick up games.



There's plenty of different stuff going on at NWG. There's both two day Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 tournaments, a one day Warmachine/HORDES (two days next year please Nigel/Ciaran), board games, the Emerald Daemon painting competition (more below) and lots of demo games. The Hobby Shack has moved into the hotel for the event too.

Anyway, on to my own participation - Warmachine/HORDES. It's a 35pt Steamroller, so two lists are allowed. I've come up with the following.

 photo DSCF0020-1.jpg List One : Maelok the Dreadbound
Maelok the Dreadbound (+6)
Blackhide Wrastler (9)
Bull Snapper (3)
Bull Snapper (3)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3)
Gatorman Posse - Leader & 4 Grunts (9)
Gatorman Posse - Leader & 4 Grunts (9)
Bog Trog Ambushers - Leader & 5 Grunts (5)

 photo DSCF00232.jpg List Two : Rask
Rask (+6)
Blackhide Wrastler (9)
Swamp Horror (8)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3)
Totem Hunter (3)
Croak Hunter (2)
Professor Viktor Pendrake (2)
Gatorman Posse - Leader & 4 Grunts (9)
Bog Trog Ambushers - Leader & 5 Grunts (5)

I'm also going to enter the Emerald Daemon as well. I don't expect to come anywhere close to winning but it's convinced me to put my best work into my entry anyway. Let me present Veteran Sergeant Aldon Vyte and the 4th Tactical Squad, Ultramarines 2nd Battle Company.  photo DSCF0018.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment