Saturday, 9 November 2013

The Defenders of Caspia - Month 1 completed.

 photo Army-Month1.jpg

So you might remember I set myself a challenge to paint one Cygnar warcaster and twenty points of troops each month. Well, I finally finished October's models (yes, I realise it's November 9th, I'm bad at deadlines, OK?).

I decided to paint the Cygnar battlebox as part of the first month. That gave me Commander Coleman Stryker, an Ironclad heavy warjack, a Charger light warjack and a Lancer light warjack. I'm not sure how much of this will eventually make it into competitive lists, but it seemed a good place to start as any. With the remaining three points, I picked a couple of solos, a Squire (a useful little guy who seems useful for nearly all warcasters) and a Stormsmith Stormcaller, who for only a one point investment can find a use against almost all opponents and who will only get better when I add in two more.

So, my list so far

Commander Coleman Stryker (6 WP)
- Ironclad (7)
- Charger (4)
- Lancer (6)
- Squire (2)
Stormsmith Stormcaller (1)

Now, for November, I've decided to add some more competitive pieces. As the warcaster, I'm going with Major Victoria Haley, much hated by non-Cygnar players, as she's got a particularly horrible feat. I'm adding one of my favourite Cygnar light warjacks, a Hunter, as well as a Journeyman (or as I have the female model, Journeywoman) Warcaster. I've also added the Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team, a character unit of three highly skilled gunfighters. In addition, I've reached into the Mercenaries to add annoying solo Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios, and Lady Aiyana & Master Holt.

I'll leave you here with some more pictures.
 photo Stryker1-CommanderColemanStryker.jpg
 photo Ironclad.jpg
Charger photo Charger.jpg
 photo Lancer.jpg
 photo Squire.jpg
 photo StormsmithStormcaller.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment