Friday, 24 January 2014

Warpcon Incoming!

So this weekend is Warpcon in University College Cork. I'm heading down for the Warmachine/HORDES event, which is a 50pt Steamroller tournament over two days. The first three rounds will take place on Saturday, with the remaining two rounds on Sunday. I'll be bringing Snappy and his Gators again.

I've decided to bring Rask and Maelok the Dreadbound as my warlocks for this tournament. The Irish Masters is fast approaching and I want to get some practice with these warlocks as I will be bringing both to the Masters. I've not decided on my third warlock, but I'm leaning towards bringing Bloody Barnabas rather than Calaban the Grave Walker, even though I enjoy playing him, I want to do my best. Calaban covers many of the same bases as Rask, but Rask is a better toolbox warlock so he'll be the better choice.

I'm hoping to paint up two more Croak Hunters before the weekend, and from this point on I will be assuming I get them finished. Warpcon doesn't require models to be painted, but I like to play fully painted armies at tournaments.

Gators don't have the options available to allow me to take two lists to cover each other's weaknesses, there's simply not enough choice for that. It's basically going to result in two lists with a lot of similarities, based around a battlegroup and two Gatorman Posse units. The exact composition of the battlegroup, along with the support pieces, will be somewhat different.

In the end, having got the Croak Hunters painted, I decided on the following.

 photo Warpcon-Rask.jpg
 Rask (6 WP)
   Blackhide Wrastler (9)
   Swamp Horror (8)
   Bull Snapper (3)
Gatorman Posse [Leader & 4 Grunts] (9)
Gatorman Posse [Leader & 4 Grunts] (9)
Bog Trog Ambushers [Leader & 9 Grunts] (8)
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew (1)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3)
Thrullg (3)


 photo Warpcon-Maelok.jpg
Maelok the Dreadbound (6 WP)
   Blackhide Wrastler (9)
   Bull Snapper (3)
   Bull Snapper (3)
Gatorman Posse [Leader & 4 Grunts] (9)
Gatorman Posse [Leader & 4 Grunts] (9)
Bog Trog Ambushers [Leader & 5 Grunts] (5)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3)
Thrullg (3)
Totem Hunter (3)
Croak Hunter (2)
Croak Hunter (2)
Croak Hunter (2)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at warpcon Lenny but why you'd go all the way to Cork to play that game is beyond me lol.

    ReplyDelete