Wednesday, 5 February 2014

What I Painted Last Month - January 2014

This is the first in a series of articles I intend to actually continue with this time. Rather than sticking up random figures, early in each month I will be posting a compilation of models I finished the month before.

In January, I finished a very impressive (not) total of 7 figures. In true Hobby Butterfly fashion, these represent three different armies and two different games systems.

For Warhammer, I completed work on some converted Crossbowmen I had started some time back. I don't like the current Empire State Troop models (they don't have puffy sleeves), but I do have a huge collection of older ones both unpainted and badly painted and available for paint stripping purposes. Only problem is, Crossbowmen weren't a State Troop unit at the time, they were a Militia unit. So I have plenty of plastic Handgunners, dug some Militia crossbows out of my bitz box and got to work. The model on the right is a simple hand swap, the model on the left a more complex conversion with some green stuff work involved.

 photo Crossbowmen.jpg

I attended Warpcon this month, and I added a couple of Croak Hunters to my Gatorman army. I painted them in the same scheme as the one I had previously painted, with the exception of the metal. I had used silver for the first one, so this time I used gold and bronze, so I could differentiate between them as needed.

 photo CroakHunters.jpg

I also added some Mercenary models to my Warmachine Cygnar. The popular Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios and the strange combination of Iosan Sorceress and Human Pistoleer, Lady Aiyana and Master Holt. I used a lot of purple in these models to tie them in to my Cygnar army.

 photo EiryssMageHunterofIos.jpg
 photo LadyAiyanaampMasterHolt.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment