Thursday, 6 March 2014

Come at me, Irish Masters 2014

This weekend I will be attending the 2014 Irish Masters, which will be held at the Leprecon Convention held at Trinity College, Dublin. In an uncharacteristic bout of Lenny preparedness, I had actually finished painting, basing and varnishing my entire army by Tuesday evening, giving me three days to plan other things (like picking lists, reading the rulespack and figuring out how much beer money will be needed).


So with six rounds and only a requirement to play each list once, I think a specifically anti-Cryx option is a valid choice here. There's supposedly about 14 Cryx players in the field, so the chances of running into at least one of them over the course of the weekend is quite high, it seems reasonable to bring something to attempt to tackle my worst possible matchup.

List One - Apex Predators Tier 4
Bloody Barnabas (6 WP)
Blackhide Wrastler (8)
Blackhide Wrastler (8)
Swamp Horror (7)
Gatorman Posse [Leader & 4 Grunts] (9)
Gatorman Posse [Leader & 4 Grunts] (9)
Bog Trog Ambushers [Leader & 5 Grunts] (5)
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew (1)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3)
Croak Hunter (2)
Croak Hunter (2)
Croak Hunter (2)

List Two - Blindwater Congregation Pact
Rask (6 WP)
Blackhide Wrastler (9)
Ironback Spitter (8)
Bull Snapper (3)
Gatorman Posse [Leader & 4 Grunts] (9)
Gatorman Posse [Leader & 4 Grunts] (9)
Bog Trog Ambushers [Leader & 9 Grunts] (8)
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew (1)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3)
Thrullg (3)

List Three - Blindwater Congregation Pact
Maelok the Dreadbound (6 WP)
Blackhide Wrastler (9)
Bull Snapper (3)
Bull Snapper (3)
Gatorman Posse [Leader & 4 Grunts] (9)
Gatorman Posse [Leader & 4 Grunts] (9)
Gatorman Posse [Leader & 4 Grunts] (9)
Bog Trog Ambushers [Leader & 5 Grunts] (5)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3)
Totem Hunter (3)

The first two lists are pretty much set. The last one is still subject to change. I played a couple of games last night and as such have reinstated the Blackhide Wrastler in place of Wrong-Eye & Snapjaw, who I really like but didn't fit into the list properly. I'm going to get in a few games tomorrow in advance of the tournament, and I'll likely play List 3 in them in order to decide if I want to make any more changes to it.

I'm really looking forward to this. A weekend of playing games, drinking, hanging out with old friends and hopefully meeting a few new ones. What more could a nerd want?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Lenny I'm sure Mr Pots will have all the kettles on the boil.

    ReplyDelete