Sunday, 2 March 2014

What I Painted Last Month - February 2014

It's time for another edition of What I Painted Last Month. This month I managed to paint a total of 19 models, and didn't do any Hobby Butterflying. Yes, that's right, all of those models are for the same army. I'll be back to normal business next month, I swear.

This month I got myself involved in a challenge on the Wargaming Ireland forums. There has been considerable debate recently about painted armies and tournaments. Some people (myself included) believe that tournaments should require players to paint their armies. Some people favour soft scores in tournaments, others do not. In general, I prefer to allow tournament organisers to make that decision for themselves, as long as they go by their rulespacks. There are enough tournaments around that most players should be able to find something to suit themselves.

That aside, a couple of forum members have challenged themselves to paint an army in three months in order to prove that it can be done. I've decided to join in, as have several others. We started on February 8th, and our deadline is May 10th. I've picked a High Elf army. They were my first army when I started collecting over fifteen years ago, and I've always wanted to revisit them but have been put off by the idea of painting so much white, but a quick experiment with an Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower has convinced me I can pull it off. If you would like to follow our progress, the thread can be found here - http://w-ired.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4712

Anyhow, I've been progressing well and have completed 16 Lothern Seaguard (out of an intended 28), and an Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower.

 photo Army2-3-14.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment