Sunday, 30 November 2014

The Path To Masters - Part I

So I've not posted in a good while....have been busy with a lot of non-gaming stuff but have recently got back into playing games (although losing games is more accurate) and I've been chipping away at bits on the painting table.

Most of my attention has been focused on Warmachine. There's two reasons for this. The first is that I'm on the organising committee for the 2015 WTC (World Team Championships) that will be held in Killarney next September. I won't say too much about that now, it deserves a full post of it's own and I shall come back to that at some point next week.

In gaming terms, I'm working towards playing Cygnar at next year's Irish Masters. I've been getting games in, played a tournament at Dominicon a couple of weeks ago. Did pretty crap, lost all three games and couldn't even win the last place prize (I'm bad at winning, and even worse at losing it would seem) and need to get more practice in. It was my first game using certain elements of my army (a Stormwall and Tempest Blazers) and made a number of silly mistakes. I need more game practice, so I need to work on that.

The other part of this is going to be list building. I need to build, paint and in some cases acquire the necessary parts for the lists. My next step is to gather up all of the Cygnar and Mercenary models I own and get them assembled. After that, I need to start on acquiring the additional pieces I need to get the lists to where I want them. At the moment, I need to get my hands on the following
  • Captain Allister Caine
  • Rangers
  • Stormclad
  • Stormblade UA & Storm Gunners
  • Boomhowler & Co.
  • Alexia Ciannor and the Risen
  • Horgenhold Forge Guard
After that, I should have the core of my three lists. I'm working on eHaley (as she's bent), Siege (for armour) and one of the Caines for ranged assassinations. I think I shall spend some time picking the brains of our local Cygnar players and the internet (WTC lists could be an excellent source of info). After that, start figuring out lists, which characters go with who, is there a list that doesn't need Gun Mages (I don't believe so), and playing a lot of games, against a wide variety of players, factions, lists and casters.

1 comment:

  1. Its all pots & kettles to me Lenny but welcome back to blogging mate.

    ReplyDelete